So, this latest meme is making its way around the internet and into the laps of happy liberals everywhere who support the ‘gay-genda’ that is currently steamrolling through every political/social system to push for gay marriage (same sex unions).
At first glance, this may seem like excellent syllogism and/or didactic logic. But on closer examination, the maxim fails to lend any dignity to homosexual ’causes’ and that are heralded as deserving of acceptance.
So, if one must stick with this whole ‘doughnut’ (or donut) euphemism, I have this to offer on behalf of classical Christian believers who do not think that everything being tolerated/promoted by ‘free society’ is necessarily good:
1. Just because donuts exist doesn’t mean they’re the best option for anyone – that which God (or if you’re an atheist, ‘nature’) provided in abundance and which in of itself gives birth to more natural goodness has always been seen as the logical choice.
2. If asked, “Why do you seem so fit?” by a donut-eater, you shouldn’t fear speaking your mind about your having chosen a healthier diet over say, donuts. You can state kindly that under the advisement of THE Doctor, not eating donuts appears to be the safer and/or default option.
3. Donut eaters weren’t born donut eaters – someone offered them at one time to ‘stick this in your mouth – you’ll love it’ or was told, “It’s okay to eat donuts – almost everyone I know has had one” and then became hooked due to the addictive characteristics of fake food.
4. Donuts should never be classed as ‘Real Nutrition’ and anyone advocating that they are ‘Real Nutrition’ may be sincere in their beliefs about donuts being good for them, but is sincerely deluded nonetheless.
5. If you’re a healthy individual, you can feel compassion for those eating donuts; just maybe keep your comments to yourself if the donut-eaters aren’t looking for commentary on their eating habits. A donut-eater may possibly come to know, when it’s their time, that donuts aren’t the best choice for them.
In Him who is True,
The Son He Loves